Monday, August 25, 2008

Owen's 1st Birthday!

This last weekend was a blast! Our baby boy Owen, turned 1!! We started our weekend off by heading to Bear Lake, where we stayed at Nate's, dad's cabin. There were decorations, balloons, cake, presents, food and family. It was great. His grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousin came to help him celebrate. He LOVED the food...what new!? And watching him open a gift was hilarious! I don't think he really got the concept of receiving the gift inside. He would tear a small piece of paper off and everyone would cheer for him. He found this funny...so one small piece at a time, we got through the gifts. When it came down to the cake, he also loved the all of us singing for him. (Probably, the only one in the world that would love my family's singing! ha, ha!) We gave him his own little cake to smash. I had waited ALL day for that part...only for him to cry when he got frosting all over his hands. Ha! His sister dunked her WHOLE face into it when she turned 1. He just hated being dirty. All in all, it was a great party. It was so nice to have both sides of the family together, enjoying good food and good company. And what a special little boy to bring us all together like that! So thanks to all of those who traveled so far to help us celebrate his special day!
*I will be putting pics of the party and our Bear Lake Adventure on soon! We spent the next day at the lake and it was an absolute blast!

4 comments:

Cassandra said...

That sounds so fun! I think it is cute he doesn't like to get his hands dirty. I can't wait to see pictures!

Cassandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassandra said...

You should post your family pics that Sami took! They are so adorable!

anna said...

Becky! you need to update this again soon....

About Me

Welcome to Becky's Blog! I'm 23 years old. I'm the proud wife of Nate Hodges and the proud MOM of 2 beautiful kids, Kya (3) and Owen (1). I work for a company by the name of IMPACT and I'm also a licensed Pyro-technician. I love to hike, camp, snow-board, read, eat sushi, play with my fam and 2 cute dogs, (Miah; pitbull, Petey; Doxi-corgi). I'm a laid back, easy going person, who loves to laugh and have a good time...but catch me on my off day (or during my nap!)....you can guess! Ha! No really, I love my life and the people I have in it. I couldn't be more blessed!